Location : Negeri Sembilan
GPS Coordinates : N 2 32.574, E 102 10.140
|Turn left after Pedas Linggi toll from NSE|
|Take the 3rd left onto Hwy N102||114m|
|Turn right onto Highway||2.7km|
|Turn left onto Hwy N111||8.1km|
|Turn left onto lane to Recreation Park||5.6km|
|Continue on lane to Recreation Park||969m|
Things to pack:
Hiking bag (20L) containing
- 2 litres of water
- 1 face towel (to wipe sweat)
- snacks/energy bars
Bring and keep in your car
- Spare change of clothes
- 1 bath towel (to bathe)
- 1 pair of slippers (for use during bathing and after hiking)
- 1 large garbage bag (to keep hiking bag in if dirty)
- 2 plastic bags (to keep dirty clothes and shoes)
- Handphone (there is reception most of the way up)
- Camera tripod (for group photos or panorama photos at peak)
There is a small river at the Gunung Datuk Recreation Park. You can bathe here or at the public toilet (20 cents charge).
The peak has an amazing view. Expect to spend at least 30 minutes to an hour there snapping pictures.
Lately, there has been rumours that the peak is infested with bees. During my trip there, there were several bees, but there were not excessively many of them. As a precaution you might want to bring some insect repellant and insecticide.